Director, Software Development
Your challenge as the Director of R&D is to provide the leadership and talent required to drive the ongoing development and enhancements required to ensure eTrition along with our other products, remain industry leading, technically superior and offers the features that school districts crave. As a leader in the School Nutrition industry, you will be joining a team where your efforts make a difference and you will have some fun along the way.
- Strategic planning, creative thinking, direction and control of product development activities; as well as technical input into the overall business strategy.
- Translating business goals & product requirements into actionable development plans to continually “raise the bar” on our products functionality.
- Ability to communicate technical vision/strategy in clear and concise terms discernible to non-technical personnel.
- Communicating strategy developments, providing ongoing executive updates, prioritizing initiatives, and escalating roadblocks to executive leadership.
- Staying current with industry trends and emerging new technologies that can provide the organization with a competitive advantage.
- Capturing ideas and identifying opportunities that can be researched and explored for feasibility through contact with customers; initiating industry comparisons and conducting competitive benchmarking.
- Managing strategic partnerships with vendors and suppliers.
- Performing a full range of leadership responsibilities which may include but not be limited to: interviewing, hiring, coaching and developing employees, assigning and directing work, driving performance management and managing department budgets.
- Ideal candidate must be an effective liaison between the SNS customer base and the internal SNS departments (i.e. Sales, Professional Services and Support Services)
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years management experience leading a team.
- Strong written and verbal communication; communicating clearly and comprehensively to senior executives and technical experts.
- Strong organization and time-management; a can-do attitude.
- Excellent team player able to manage and prioritize work for self and staff. Ability to multi task with changing priorities.
- Strong initiative with superior analytical, diagnostic, and troubleshooting skills. Dedication to life-long learning and initiative to continually improve technical skill set.
- Expertise in .NET (C#)
- Working knowledge in RESTful Web Services
- Working knowledge in SQL Server
- Mobile Application Development experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Telerik .NET DevCraft, NativeScript
- jQuery, AJAX
- MVC, Entity Framework
- Scrum Master Certification a plus.
- PMP certification a plus.