Web Application Developer
What your job would look like:
- Develop and maintain our custom web applications.
- Working on a number of projects at the same time.
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by following software principles like DRY and SOLID.
- Collaborate with designers, developers and others both face-to-face and through digital forms of communication.
- Adhering to Agile principles like daily standups, accountability for own tasks and talking to the product owner.
- Research and provide alternatives to existing development practices/tools that benefit the team and/or projects.
Hard, technical skills you definitely have:
- Minimum 4 years of industry experience in web development.
- Minimum 2+ years of experience working with an MVC framework.
- Experience with multiple programming languages and ability to learn new language syntax quickly.
- Experience including familiarity with:
- CSS, SAAS, Less and CSS Frameworks (e.g., Bootstrap, Foundation, etc)
- AJAX with JSON
- SOAP and RESTful Web services
- Build Tools (e.g., NPM, Grunt, Gulp, Webpack, etc…)
- Querying SQL databases.
- Experience with unit testing, continuous integration, and test driven development.
- Familiarity with version control systems (Git or Hg).
- Building APIs for use internally and externally.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming techniques (Inheritance, interfacing, extensions, etc).
Soft, mushy skills you definitely have:
- The ideal candidate has a passion for programming in general, rather than a specific language.
- You posses the ability to learn new, emerging technologies.
- You have a solid general understanding of application components, what happens on the front end, what happens on the back end, etc..
- You’re a professional. That means you follow through on commitments, meet deadlines, don’t cut corners, consider other people’s ideas, play nice with the team, learn from your mistakes, document things and communicate honestly and proactively if you anticipate an issue doing any of the above.
Nice-to-have assets that would make us hang your resume on our fridge:
- General understanding of MVC frameworks. Experience with Microsoft MVC, AngularJS.
- Specific experience with PostgreSQL and/or Microsoft SQL Server.
- Knowledge of Amazon AWS. Bonus points for experience doing system admin or using their APIs