Backend Engineer – Integrations
Each day, clinical teams around the globe use Hale to deliver efficient, modern care to their patients. Our integrations with other systems help these practices get the most out of Hale: ensuring clinical data is in sync and saving our customers time with workflows that are seamless and efficient.
We’re looking for a keen, collaborative back-end engineer to focus on extending and enhancing these integrations to deliver an incredible experience for clinical teams using Hale.
While the role depends on expertise in the details of RESTful APIs and modern web services, success also requires flexing your strong interpersonal skills to work alongside internal teams and to be a technical lead in customer-facing conversations.
- Scope, define and deliver robust interfaces to support functionality for Hale customers.
- Work with other engineering team members to establish common APIs for Hale services, with a focus on creating scalable approaches for handling third party integrations.
- Work directly with third party partners and colleagues during scoping for new integrations.
- Design, document, develop, test and implement new interfaces – from discovery to go-live.
- Oversee individual customer activations, configuring practice-specific integration settings.
- Act as a technical touchpoint and assist with customer support issues related to interfaces.
- Partner with internal teams to translate business needs into new solutions.
- 3+ years building robust, scalable and performant web applications.
- Experience integrating applications with third party service providers.
- Direct healthcare experience – preferably working directly with EMR systems – a plus.
- Strong project management, presentation, communication and customer service skills.
- Excellent personal and technical communication skills, regardless of medium.
- Self-motivated, proactive team player ready to own tasks and projects from start to finish.
- Positive, empathetic and looking to continually improve both yourself and those around you.
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent work experience.