Software Engineer in Test
We take great pride in our software’s quality and test automation infrastructure, and we’re always looking for talented test automation engineers to help us reach the next level.
By joining our team, you’ll get the opportunity to work on any of our various projects (e.g., full-blown web apps, REST APIs, client-side apps, desktop apps), with a team of highly skilled quality assurance and test automation experts from around the world. You’ll get to use cutting edge technologies like Cucumber, Watir, Capybara, and PhantomJS every day, and you’ll play a significant role in the development of new product features.
We don’t cut corners, and we don’t make compromises—we create beautifully architected Rails apps that are polished, fast, well-tested, and a joy to use.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
- Maintain our sky-high quality standards.
- Develop automated tests to ensure our products behave as they’re supposed to.
- Make strategic decisions about the instruments and techniques involved in the QA process.
- Fix existing issues in addition to building new solutions.
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
- Onboard and mentor new team members.
- You must have 3+ years of automated test development experience—preference given to candidates who have experience with large applications of some scale.
- You must have a solid grasp of object-oriented programming, databases, development, and testing methodologies.
- You must have a keen eye for detail and a commitment to excellence.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails is a plus, but is not required.
- Experience with automated testing of desktop or mobile apps is a plus.
- Be excited about deploying to production multiple times a day and collaborating daily with your team and other groups while working via a distributed model.
- Be comfortable with iterative and incremental development.
- Be willing to help your teammates, share your knowledge with them, and learn from them.
- Be open to receiving feedback.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.