Senior Backend Software Engineer
Contactually is looking for experienced software engineers who are passionate about solving complex problems with code. We've taken a novel approach to building business software - focus on the end user - and it's been working! Our users love us :) Come help us build a product that makes contact management easy and fun and 10,000s of people from the jaws of clunky, outdated software.
Backend: Ruby on Rails
Datastores: Postgres, ElasticSearch, Neo4J, MongoDB, Redis
Frontend: React, Backbone, Marionette, jQuery
Who are you?
You're an experienced engineer looking for your next big challenge. You're passionate about writing clean, concise, well-tested code, but you're also a pragmatic problem solver. You follow the best practices for the technologies you work with and understand why. You love learning new things and teaching others about them. You stay up to date with the latest technologies and probably have sites like Hacker News or Coding Horror bookmarked.
- 4-6+ years as a full-time software engineer
- Strong analytical and performance optimization skills
- Strong experience with Heroku/AWS or similar cloud-hosting platforms
- Experience with DevOps-related projects
- Experience shipping platform changes in high-throughput scenarios
- Experience designing and implementing complex systems integrations
- Strong knowledge of Ruby/Rails
- Experience leading an engineering team
- Experience working with other departments to understand complex business goals and how that will impact implementation of systems integrations
- Dog whispering
- Lead architectural/planning discussions for new feature endeavors
- Develop highly performant code in high-throughput areas of the application
- Establish best practices for the team in terms of code/query performance
- Analyze application, job, and query performance using top of the line tools such as NewRelic
- Identify and resolve issues contributing to site or service unreliability within the Contactually technical ecosystem
- Build and ship new features and services critical to our customers
- Facilitate collaboration between engineers, product managers, and designers to solve complex and interesting problems
- Write clear, maintainable, scalable code across multiple projects
- Work on whatever you want on our quarterly X days where you can hack on anything you want
- Work from the awesome city of Washington, DC!
- Be an important, valued member for an autonomous, agile team
- Take part in blameless retrospectives that help elevate the team and individuals to grow their engineering skills
- 401k Contribution
- Medical, Vision, & Dental
- Equity Stake
- Commuter Benefits
- Above Market Salary
- Unlimited Paid Vacation
- Awesome team culture!