DevOps Engineer -Wine
vinSUITE is building a next generation technology stack for our winery DtC software solution and we need your help. We need a DevOps Engineer to work alongside our core product engineers to make sure they have the information, tools, and reliable systems they need to help our customers sell more wine - because we make software for wine. And yes, we know that's awesome.
You'll enable greater levels of wine success using Elastic Search, Cloudwatch to organize log data and metrics from thousands of cloud and in store systems. You'll combine log data with browser crash reporting tools and server resource metrics to assemble a total picture of how our systems are behaving in the field complete with pretty charts and graphs. You'll help modernize our continuous integration pipeline with Jenkins. And you'll help keep our AWS services up and running using tools like CloudFormation and Ansible.
You'll work with people who are as nice as they are smart. You'll get the guidance you need and you won't be shamed when you stumble across a problem you don't know how to solve on your own. You'll deal with a minimum of corporate nonsense and get the freedom to do things right.
And you'll do all this from the comfort of your own home. This is a remote position, but you'll keep in touch with your team with daily virtual standups. We'll pick a spot on the map every so often and get together for a technical conference or in person design confab.
- A bachelors degree in Computer Scienceor equivalent experience.
- At least 3 years of experience managing or administrating CentOS and UbuntuLinux servers.
- At least 2 years of experience with a configuration management tool like Chef, Puppet, or Ansible. (Ansible preferred.)
- At least 2 years of experience with Amazon Web Services, including S3, EC2, ELB, VPC, and Cloud Formation.
- At least 1 year working with a continuous integration platform like Bamboo, TeamCity, Circle CI or Jenkins. (Jenkins Preferred).
- An almost fanatical security mindset. You'd introduce SELinuxand IP Tables, even if we weren't already using them.
- Exposure to Elastic Searchand SQS in a clustered environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A desire to do things right and the ability to take ownership of difficult problems.
- Enough experience with Agile development methodologies to see their strengths and weaknesses.
- Experience with Github or Bitbucketas well as the Atlassian suite of stuff everybody seems to use these days.
- Payment card industry experience or experience building PCI compliant systems.
- Experience with custom PXE based hardware imaging techniques. (Anaconda, kickstart, etc.)
- Experience building and deploying software as RPM's. (You've created an RPM build spec.)
- Experience with a log analysis and visualization tool like the ELK Stack.
- Experience with Datadog.
- Experience with VMWare.
- Experience with New Relic or Raygun.
You must have the right to work in the US legally. Offshore applicants will not be considered, but this isn't for political reasons. It's for we're-not-big-enough-to-make-offshore-work-effectively reasons.