Software Engineer Python/Django (Video/OTT)
For our team in Los Angeles or Berlin we are currently looking for a software engineer specializing in Python/Django to expand our globally distributed server development department.
With broad-based knowledge of client-server development, your role will focus on the advancement of our server-side infrastructure for creating the mobile services of tomorrow. By improving our AWS-based video delivery technology you will help deliver a high-quality service across international client projects. This position will require experience with complex and distributed software architectures as well as excellent technical skills.
You will be part of a highly-qualified and motivated international team of experts working with leading companies in the technology and online movie/TV entertainment industry. Our customers include top brands such as: Vudu, HBO Europe, Kaltura, Siemens, and Mubi.
We offer a flexible working environment with a high level of employee empowerment and responsibility as well as attractive remuneration and benefits. We are not a new company, however, we exhibit many aspects of a tech start-up. Team cohesion is important to us: in our Berlin office we have regular staff lunches and social evenings, a games lounge, and an office dog named Charlie.
- Excellent Python/Django development skills
- Experience with a strongly typed language (C++ or Java for example)
- Understanding of AWS cloud computing (Docker is a bonus)
- Experience with OTT video technology
- Understanding of software engineering cycles, principles, and versioning
- Experience with bug-tracker software
- Capacity for abstract thought and a willingness to learn
- Committed, determined, reliable
- Good written and spoken English language skills (German not required)
Nice to haves
- In-depth knowledge of online video distribution building blocks and technologies (such as MPEG-DASH, HLS, Smooth Streaming, Google ExoPlayer, H.264/H.265, subtitle formats)
- Experience with DRM systems (such as MS PlayReady, Google Widevine, CMLA-OMA, Arxan technology)
- Experience with JIRA, Github