Site Reliability Engineer
Why Carbon Black
At Carbon Black, you’ll have the opportunity to make a huge impact while working alongside a global community of passionate people who are leading the way in cutting-edge technology. Our valued employees across the world have made Carbon Black a Top Place to Work, as named by the Boston Globe for two consecutive years.
Our Engineering team is moving at lightning speed on the breaking edge of technology. You’ll be pulling things apart and tinkering, building new platforms, or playing in the cloud. Here, the engineering opportunities are endless. With this fast-paced, synergetic group, you’ll be working together and across the organization to ensure customer success all while continuing to build a product that protects their dearest assets.
What You’ll Do
- Work with a team of engineers to develop/maintain/troubleshoot Datacenter infrastructure, such as SAN’s, VMWare, networking, physical servers, etc.
- Work with a team of engineers to develop/maintain/troubleshoot AWS infrastructure components such as VPCs, EC2, S3, tagging schemes, CloudFormation, etc.
- Deployment and management automation of cloud-based infrastructure and software
- Working with configuration management tools in both Windows and Linux - Cloudformation, Terraform, Salt, Ansible, Chef
- Work with Senior engineers to ensure cloud-based architectures meet availability and recoverability requirements
- Work with a team of engineers developing/maintaining/troubleshooting cloud-based monitoring, alerting and reporting – Sensu, CloudWatch, StatusCake, ELK, Grafana
What You’ll Bring
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Minimum 1 years of experience managing AWS and/or Datacenter Infrastructure
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with technical operations and software development
- Some understanding/experience of containerization services such as Docker
- Basic understanding of open source tools such as Sensu, InfluxDB, Grafana, Logstash, Elasticsearch
- Basic understanding/experience of web services, databases and relating infrastructure/architectures
- Ability to manage using a preferred scripting language
- Excellent Troubleshooting Skills
- Security Experience a plus