Senior Web Application Engineer, Retargeting and Prospecting
About the Role:
AdRoll's Web Display team is seeking a Senior Full Stack Engineer with Python expertise to help us build new scalable infrastructure, data pipelines, services and dashboards. This is a unique opportunity to take our world-class retargeting and prospecting products, which drive most of AdRoll's revenue, to a new level while working with some of the best and brightest folks in the industry. This will be a truly full stack role -- we’re seeking someone who can act as our team’s backend guru, while occasionally shipping features to our React/Redux frontend as well.
You'll have the opportunity to play with the latest tech, learn new skills, sharpen your existing ones, and make a difference in a rapidly growing company.
- Plan, architect, and develop APIs for AdRoll’s Retargeting and Prospecting products using Python, Flask, and PostgreSQL
- Help establish the technical standards for our product’s API and backend
- Make well-founded decisions on new technology and processes to adopt
- Monitor and optimize application performance
- Code responsibly: minimize tech debt, advocate for change or investment as needed, test and monitor everything
- Mentor, teach, hire, share and have fun!
- 5+ years experience building production web applications in a corporate or start-up environment
- Expertise in building highly scalable and resilient services
- In-depth knowledge of web application and API development
- Experience in creating and deploying complex systems using AWS, Docker, or equivalent
- Experience with our backend stack:
- Experience with (or willingness to master) our frontend stack:
- Meaningful contributions to the open source community
- A good sense of design, direction, and humor
- Volunteer activities in your community