Data Science Bootcamp Mentor
Mentor aspiring Data Scientists in Thinkful's Data Science Bootcamp!
The intensive, 4-6 month course helps students become self-sufficient data scientists capable of advancing their skills as they grow in their careers for years to come. As a Mentor, you will support students while they build projects as they master data science fundamentals. Ultimately, share best practices with the next generation of developers and teach them how to think like a data scientists so that they can continue their growth beyond the program.
Thinkful mentors work remotely and set their own hours. The role is a great fit for experts who genuinely love their work and want to share their expertise, experience, and themselves with awesome students and fellow mentors from around the globe!
Read all about our Data Science Flexible Bootcamp here: https://www.thinkful.com/bootcamp/data-science/flexible
- Proficiency in Python is Required
- Experienced with Python Data Science Toolkit (Panda, NumPy, Matplotlib, Scikit-Learn, Beautiful Soup)
- Experience with machine learning, Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Spark, MapReduce, distributed computing, and AWS
- Professional experience in a field that utilizes modern day data science tools and methodologies
- Able to explain mathematical concepts involved in statistics, probability and linear algebra
- Experience with Git and GitHub
- Involvement in local community (i.e. meet-ups) a plus
- A desire to keep your skills sharp by teaching others
- A passion for sharing best practices
- Excellent communication skills
- Infectious enthusiasm for development and sharing your craft with others
- Previous corporate training or teaching experience a plus