Sr Cloud Engineer- Scala
lastic is building out our Elastic Cloud Team focusing on Elastic as a Service. This is a great opportunity to help lead our Cloud efforts and make an immediate impact to our strategy and implementation.
Our cloud product allows users to create new clusters or expand existing ones easily This product would be built on technologies such as OpenStack, AWS, Docker, and others to enable the Operations Teams to easily create and manage multiple Elastic Clusters.
Job Duties and Requirements
- Develop software for our distributed systems and ES as a Service offerings.
- Have familiarity with failures and complications related to a cloud offering
- Help build the Found offering and work closely with the Elastic Cloud Product and Engineering Team
- Assist in designing a scalable cloud offering working across multiple clusters
- CS or MS Degree in Computer Science
- 5+ years of object-oriented development with at least one of: Scala, Python, Java, C++, or similar
- Experience or familiarity with Docker, OpenStack, or AWS
- Extensive experience designing solutions for the server side of scalable cloud software applications and platforms
- Proven ability to architect a highly distributed cloud system
- Experience or ability to respond to operational issues
- A self starter who with experience working across multiple technical teams and decision makers
- Ability to work with a worldwide team in a distributed work environment
- Nice to have- experience using or developing with Zookeeper, Paxos, or Raft