Technical Account Manager, Mobile Data Location API
Foursquare is seeking a Technical Account Manager to work together hand-in-hand with our Business Development team to help our developers and partners in China understand the use of data, and then integrate & best take advantage of our industry-leading location cloud platform and all its components. The Asia Business Development team is an agile team, that has secured many large data licensing contracts with renowned tech brands, consumer products companies, and marketing companies.
You will leverage your expertise in location services and the mobile industry to understand Foursquare’s data & solutions, and then help our clients in Asia scale globally with elegant solutions unique to their needs.
In order to be successful you will manage multiple clients simultaneously while working closely with key internal teams and stakeholders in Asia and US in order to help the team generate more revenue & ensure partner success.
- Be both highly technical and effectively act as a true partner of our clients.
- Work together with Business Development team to define and execute on strategy to drive partner success.
- Work with regional and local teams to translate solution ideas into feasible technical solutions
- Enable Foursquare’s partners to be successful by serving as the primary technical point of contact with data partners in the pre-sales, implementation and post-sales phases
- Be a subject matter technical expert, and have influence and support of partners and internal teams at Foursquare.
- Build relationships with strategic partners in order to ensure their ongoing success working with Foursquare.
- Manage relationship with technical contacts (including high-profile tech companies) and contact them pro-actively when there are new ideas or features or opportunities that could be relevant to them
- Work cross-functionally with Foursquare business development & technical teams in Asia and America
- Be the technical voice in the room when coming up with creative solutions to meet our partners’ needs.
- Interact with and support our broader community of thousands of developers using the Foursquare API.
- Ultimately help Foursquare successfully acquire more long-term happy data & technology customers
- Software development experience in languages and environments such as Scala, Java, Python.
- Solid communication and skills, and capability to present to large technical audiences.
- Willingness and ability to travel approximately 10-25% of the time.
- 3 years successful track record working in, or with mobile application developers including experience with Android/iOS and the mobile technology stack.
- Deep understanding of APIs and applications development and architecture. You understand the tradeoffs that our customers’ engineers make every day and can help them make the best decisions.
- You are code-native with a “just do it” attitude and not afraid to open up a terminal to whip up a script, or even learn a new programming language—all in the name of helping our partners succeed.
- Love location-based data, tech, apps, analytics & intelligence
- Good English writing, speaking & presentation skills.
- Chinese language required
- Creativity to brainstorm & discuss new uses & use-cases for data in any industry vertical
Application Process: In order to screen-out serious, extremely qualified candidates, at the top of your application you MUST explicitly provide 6 bullets answering:
- What mobile/location companies you have worked for/with & have a relationship with?
- What’s your knowledge/experience with APIs?
- What are the top-3 technical projects you were part of (any product/industry)?
- What 1 thing do you understand about location/mobile data/API better than almost anyone?
- Which language skills do you have?
- Have you used 1 of Foursquare’s apps? If so when? Why? If you stopped, why?