Microsoft .NET Architect
J. J. Keller & Associates, Inc.
The purpose of the Architect is to create technical architecture and development solutions for large, complex projects in J. J. Keller's Managed Services Team. The Managed Services department is comprised of fleet and regulatory compliance experts who clients rely on to off-load the time consuming/complex tasks of managing driver safety and vehicle compliance.
The Managed Services Technology Department is comprised of 15+ individuals who create software and web-based applications for use by both our internal team of 270+ compliance associates and by external clients who use our services. This department practices domain-driven design and has also recently implemented big data solutions to deliver advanced analytics and information to our customers.
To learn more about how J. J. Keller Tech Teams promote innovation, check out this video: http://bit.ly/JJKDevsShipItDays J. J. Keller's team of over 200 technology professionals continues to grow as we develop unique and innovative solutions for our associates and customers.
This position may be based out of our Neenah WI Corporate Headquarters, or may work remotely from a home-based office with in the US.
- Acts as architect on new development projects, including those crossing across several product lines.
- Analyzes functional and business requirements and determines technical solutions.
- Produces technical design documentation and development plans and provides accurate estimates based on business needs.
- Makes recommendations regarding site architecture and development techniques/standards and leads implementation of both.
- Provides technical leadership, mentorship and training to other developers on projects.
- Performs complex programming tasks related to new development.
- Provides consultation to Product Managers and design resources in determining technical solutions and/or direction during the design phase of projects.
- Coordinates with Website and Database Administrators on planning and implementation of architecture or server related projects.
- Communicates with third party vendors, end users, customers and internal product stakeholders on systems requirements, enhancements and recommendations to support business direction.
- Develops and maintains a solid understanding of the technology tools and trends and remains current in new technology developments and their potential impact on the department.
- Bachelor's Degree (four year college or technical school) Required, Field of Study: Computer Science or a technology-related field.
- 10+ years of progressive experience in analysis, technical design, coding and testing of PC/Internet based applications.
- 6+ years experience working with Microsoft development tools.
- Advanced knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Previous experience training and mentoring technical resources.
- Previous experience in a formal architect role strongly preferred.
- Strong understanding and usage of algorithms, data structures, and SOLID principals.
- Experience with Domain Driven Design, CQRS, and/or Event Sourcing.
- Fluency in Git, continuous integration and continuous deployment systems.
- Must be proficient in the use of a PC and MS Office Suite.
- Strong object oriented programming experience utilizing Microsoft development tools.
- Advanced understanding of SQL Server development, database structures and web server architecture.
- Demonstrated ability to architect complex systems utilizing new or existing methodologies to ensure productivity and success.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and assess technology tools to provide recommendations for supporting business direction.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate technical and non-technical issues with customers, vendors and product stakeholders at various levels.
J. J. Keller & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.