Senior Data Engineer
Elastic is building out Kibana, Elastic's Open Source Data Visualization Platform and applications for management, monitoring, graph, and analytics. From histograms to geomaps, Kibana brings data to life with visuals that can be combined into custom dashboards that help users share insights from your data far and wide. Elastic's other applications provide management capabilities as well as other, innovative views into time series data sets. This is a great opportunity to help lead our UI efforts and make an immediate impact to our strategy and implementation.
Elastic is looking for an aspiring data scientist for our Prelert product who can understand and describe data, is eager to learn, has a passion for solving complex and interesting problems and who wants to be part of the team. This is a great opportunity to learn from and working with highly experienced data scientists and engineers.
● Curator of data library
● Perform data analysis on complex datasets and clearly describe and communicate findings
● Generate test data sets for validating analytical functions and methods
● Support engineers in development of big data anomaly detection analytic systems
Please include a short note on why you are a fit for this role to be considered.
● 2 + years of experience as a data scientist
● Able to work with large data sets; analyze, explore and interpret results, present conclusions to peers
● Background in IT Support or Sys Admin role
● Detail orientated; can work in a structured disciplined manner and document data and results effectively
● Able to generate sample data sets from requirements
● Experience with statistical packages and tools (e.g. R, SAS, Octave, MATLAB etc)
● Experience with scripting languages (e.g. Unix Shell scripts, PowerShell, Perl, Ruby, Python etc)
● Able to work collaboratively, good communication skills, personable
● Degree or Higher Degree in Maths or related technical discipline (e.g. Physics, Engineering, Computer Science)
● Background in IT Support or sys admin role
● Experience in cyber-security, for example knowledge of vulnerabilities, recent breaches and the cyber-security landscape
● An understanding of network protocols and operations, *nix and Windows system and application log files
● Experience in software testing
● Knowledge, interest and experience in big data, data mining and statistical analysis
● Experience of using Amazon EC2