VP Engineering, Chief Architect
As Vice President of Engineering, you will lead our software engineering organization in architecting and building our mobile first consumer facing products ranging from highly responsive and engaging e-commerce web sites to custom mobile applications. You will be responsible for translating the Critical Mix product strategy into best in class application services. It is essential and required to provide career mentoring, coaching and development of a talented group of engineers, while creating and fostering the right culture to attract and retain diverse technical talent.
You will coordinate and drive the evaluation, conceptualization, design, and integration of major new capabilities into the product line, ensuring that product design and technology choices anticipate future needs, while efficiently satisfying short term customer requirements.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with massive real-time data ingestion, pipeline, and enrichment services leveraging modern API architectures. Predictive analytics and machine learning technologies are and will be at the core of how these services are delivered at scale.
Preferred Locations, but will consider remote for the perfect candidate.
Perrysburg, OH - Dallas, TX - San Franciso or LA, CA
Responsibilities and success metrics
- Lead and inspire the entire team from software engineers to product managers.
- Optimize, adapt, and grow an Agile environment that encourages collaboration, innovation, and high-quality standards
- Work with the product teams and other executives to ensure the team has a clear and actionable product roadmap.
- Develop and execute a strategic technology roadmap in alignment with enterprise business goals. Provide the strategic leadership, collaborate coordination, and creative problem solving necessary to manage and advance new and existing opportunities across the business
- Evaluate and implement new technologies as well as make recommendations for future and existing products.
- Extend the innovation boundaries of current in-house capabilities and “know-how”
- Lead key projects from concept through planning to development, launch, and post-launch support.
- Conduct customer research, market and competitor analysis.
- 10+ years of experience in software development
- 5+ years of experience in complex systems and/or web-based enterprise applications product architecture and design
- 4+ years of experience managing a multi-functional software engineering team building highly-scalable systems.
- Significant experience with cloud based service options and emerging service trends such as application gateways and DevOps tools. Preferably AWS services.
- Experience in LAMP stack development environments.
- Familiarity with IT security and regulatory compliance.
- Possess a broad understanding of current and emerging technical architecture and trends relevant to machine learning and AI.
- Significant professional experience in Agile development practices including daily SCRUM stand-ups and issue tracking.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional energy and passion for developing great engineers, teams, and products.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Computer Science, MIS or related field and/or equivalent years of experience required.
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.