Senior Software Engineer
***Position is actually located in London, UK but we would consider someone in the U.S.***
With nearly 20,000 organizational customers and millions of student users, Blackboard is the world's leading education technology company. Blackboard is shaping the future of education with big ideas that challenge conventional thinking and advance new models of learning. Every day we’re inspiring people to find new ways to learn, connect and drive change in the way education is delivered and experienced. Through technology and services we bring people closer to the knowledge they seek and to ways they can change their own education and the world for the better.
At Blackboard Collaborate™ we develop products that enable a more interactive learning experience for students, helping users instantly collaborate using virtual classrooms and meeting spaces. We are a driven, creative and energetic team that works in a flexible and agile fashion to deliver world class products to the education market.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will have the following responsibilities:
- Work effectively in an Agile team to deliver quality products.
- Develop and enhance media components that bring real-time audio and video capabilities to Blackboard products.
- Break down large/complex problems and be involved in the process of designing and implementing solutions.
- Stay on top of the latest technologies, tools, and techniques.
- Shape the future of eLearning through innovation on the next generation of products.
- Work with other developers to set standards and define best practices for coding and design. Participate in design and code reviews.